Discover & Soul with textured birds by Priss

Hi Rubber Dance Lovers, Priss here. 

Today I've made this card that I will use in the future for the cover of my actual "Squared Art Journal".  

For this card, I used stamps of  MandalasJournal Words, and Textured Birds sets.


I used an embossing plate to make a brick wall background. I took a piece of brown cardboard and spray it with a little water to ensure the embossing will be perfect. 

But first, I painted the plate with a green ink pad, so that the ink looks like mold in the grooves of the bricks. And when it dried, I applied color with the red ink pad directly onto the bricks. To finish my brick wall, I splattered everything with black ink.


Over an antique book page, I stamped the complete set of Mandalas and colored one with my brush pens in white, green, and yellow.

Then I scratched the cardstock with the brick wall in half and the paper from the book to both sides of the painted mandala.


I made my background composition with the mandala book paper between the two brick walls turned sideways and then glued everything onto black cardstock.


For my main leads, I took a couple of Textured Birds leftover from my inspiration for October's Mood Board. They were stamped on mixedmedia paper and painted with liquid watercolors.


I took my background, a piece of waffle cloth, and several silk ribbons to make a cozy branch for my birds and sewed everything with my machine.


Finally I glued my pair of little birds with some cardboard underneath to give them some dimension and then added the 'Discover & Soul' text from the Journal Words stamp set as this will be the cover of my Squared Art Journal.



I hope you like it and enjoyed!!

A little reminder that our beautiful Mood Board for November continues in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook. We hope to see you there.

This are the stamps I used





Comments

Pilar said…
Chulisimo! Y esa pared de ladrillos, me encanta!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop