Magical Big Art Journal Double Page with Farida

 Hello lovlies,

I am happy to see you here again. It is the first time for me creating something in a bigger art journal. It is so big that I can't fit it into my light box laying completely flat..

It was a bit unfamiliar to me to start on such a big area. But I started off with getting out my big bag of paper scraps....some scraps were already embossed. I ripped of the paper to get some smaller pieces, that I glued down on the two pages. 

Next I used some gesso all over the papers to tone down some of the coloured paper scraps. And for even more interest on the background I added some textured paste with a heart stencil here and there.



I really like to have the edges a bit darkend up so the inside is popping out more. At first I used some darker, kind of craft paper and afterwards I took my all time favourite Mixed Media Marks #1 stamp set to create some interest one the 'frame' using black archival ink. 

On the inner background I used mainly some green colour and added some violet on some smaller areas to create kind of a whimsical look on the page. 

Finally I added the Textured Mushrooms, that I coloured in as they were trees. So the top is mainly green and the stemps are brown. 



To finally turn this work into an art journal page, for me, it needs a quote. So I used a big word die cut that says 'Magical' and for the rest of my quote I used my label maker. 

" Don't be afraid of getting lost, the unkown can be a magical destination" 

.. so as my my little mushroom forest. 

I love how the stamps turn out when you just colour them in a diffrent way. Have you ever tried that?

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Thank you for stopping by and hopefully see you soon. 


Farida 










Comments

ionabunny said…
Your mushroom trees are fabulous. They look perfect in your magical LO. Love the contrast with the darker edges. Awesome. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi