Winter Robin by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'd like to share with you a decorative hanging I made using lolly sticks, I've been using lolly sticks for years now and they are a really good substrate to use because you can through any medium at them and they cope incredibly well.


For this project I used large lolly sticks if you can't find any you could use tongue depressors. Simply glue a piece of strong card to the back to keep them together and use a crop-a-dile to make holes for hanging. Stamp your images and you're ready to go.

I always begin by adding a coat of white gesso, for this project I then used a stencil and texture paste to add the lovely snowflakes, then another layer of gesso.


I used paint to colour the background, adding gesso in places and some splats of walnut ink just to dampen down the bright colours and add another layer of interest.


I coloured my stamped images from Textured Birds and Textured Christmas Green using watercolours and glued them in place.


Then came the lovely part of adding the finishing touches. I went over the snowflakes with a white paint pen, added glitter randomly to add some sparkle, Glossy accents on the bird's eye and the berries and some enamel accents on the centre of the flowers and finally some twine for hanging.
Of course text could be added and it would make a lovely gift.


Here are the stamps I used:





For more inspiration you can find the Facebook group - Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge right here.
 

Thanks so much for looking, have a lovely day,

Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands