Blossoming Rose Bookmark by Dot Leathbridge

 Hi everyone,

During restrictions I've really enjoyed reading more and I've 
decided to make another bookmark.
It's a bit like accessories, one is never enough.

I like them in the shape of a tag, but you could
make it any shape you like really.

Every time I've been out in my car this week
I've seen house after house with beautiful
blossoming roses in their front yards.

This has been my inspiration for my bookmark.
It uses the gorgeous
Blooming Rose stamp with some
background marks from Mixed Media Marks 2.




The base is a scrap piece of gelli print.
It was in the colours from this month's
mood board so it was perfect.


The gorgeous rose was painted with water colours
and carefully cut out.
I stamped a couple of extra buds and left them white.



Around the edges I cut up some patterned paper
and created a border.
A few splatters of paint adds to the mixed media feel
of the bookmark.
There is a lovely poem with the Blossoming Rose stamp too
which I thought was appropriate for a bookmark.




I've added some extra stamping from the
Mixed Media Marks 2 stamp set.
I love the grid which allowed me to
add some extra pops of random colour.
This set also has a stitching stamp,
which is now my new favourite background stamp lol.

(Between you and me, I've lost count
of how many favourites I now have lol)


And there you have it!
A new bookmark ready to use.


The stamps that I've used are:



Mixed Media Marks 2
(with the stitching and grid)



And a quick reminder of what our 
Mood Board is for this month.



I hope you are having fun with your 
Rubber Dance stamps too.

Dot x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi