"Hello" by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,

Today I've a step by step tutorial for you
showing how this card was created.

It was so much fun to do and super easy.
I hope you decide to give it a go too.


Prepare to get messy!
Only 2 paint colours were used, brown and white.
However, you could use any colour that you like.

I began by laying down some paint on a gel press.
I chose this gorgeous stamp from
Carved Collection #3 to stamp into the wet paint.
It's important to have a water dish on hand
to put your stamp into once you
 finish stamping with paint.

Once the paint dries, put a thin layer of white paint
on the gel press and 'pull the print'.



This is how it looked once I pulled the print.
It's a little rustic at this stage however I decided
to make it more defined.



The first thing that I did was add more colour
with my pencils.



Then the image was brought forward by using a
white Posca pen.



I've chosen the giraffe from African Animals
as my center piece.
With such a busy background it's a good idea
to keep the images simple.

The leaves from Pencil Marks #3
have been fussy cut and coloured with the
same paint colour as the background
 with a little water added to it to make 
it more translucent.



Here are some closer pics for you ...


"HELLO"



Pencil Marks #3 is a 'must have' stamp
for your collection.



Watered-down paint doesn't cover up the
stamped image.
Brilliant!


Here are the stamps that were used.



Or you could use the gorgeous Giraffe.
 
 
 
I hope that I've inspired you to grab your
gel plate and your Rubber Dance stamps
for some messy painty play.



Here is a quick reminder of what
our Mood Board looks like for this month.

My monochrome inspiration
was from the brown colour.


May be an image of text that says "RUBBER DANCE ART STAMPS tings BLACK FRIDAY SALE 10% OFF OUR CHRISTMAS STAMP SETS FROM NOVEMBER 26TH το 29TH වoමa"






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi