Christmas in July by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm so excited to be sharing this Christmas creation with you, I know it's not Christmas for a while yet but I received some new Rubber Dance stamps and I just couldn't wait to play with them, Watercolour Xmas is a stamp set that had been on my list for Santa for a long time, it's a wonderful set that has lots of baubles and bauble decorations for you to mix and match and also some very elegant sentiments too.
For this Christmas decoration I've combined six stamp sets, I just love how well they work together.

I began with a piece of cardboard measuring 8in x 8 in, I peeled off some of the top layer in places to reveal the lumpy layer, I cut it completely at 2.5 inches and used a hole punch to add the holes as shown. Then I added a coat of white gesso.


To get an idea of layout I always stamp images and move them around, this project actually began with a cat and dog together but I don't think they were ready for Christmas and they disappeared!


To add depth to the background I stamped some images from Carved Whimsy Wood and Pines Fir Yew to the top and bottom. In the area between I used a snowflake stencil.


I stamped, die cut and coloured the components. I used watercolours and some metallic paint.


I just adore these baubles, some little leaves and a bow finish them perfectly.


Here you can see the snowflake background and I added some silver paint to the torn cardboard areas and some sparkle to some of the snowflakes. I then tied the cardboard together with glittery thread and strengthened with card on the reverse to keep the two pieces sturdy.


The cat and dog were replaced with this lovely character from Textured Birds.


Here are some close ups that show the finishing touches, of course for Christmas some bling is required!  




Here are the stamps I used:







 I do so hope you liked my creation, thanks for looking.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

For more inspiration you can find our Facebook group right here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands