Bookmark with Textured Birds by Priss

Hi Sweeties!!!  Priss here today.

How do you lead with the Summer? I'm really not a Summer Fan, so I spend the mornings playing with paints before it takes so hot.

For today, I hope to inspire you with this bookmark with the lovely Textured Birds


I used the emboss resist technique with a stamp from the whole Mix a Sentiment 1 set, for the background.  I used embossing ink and superfine white embossing powders.

To colour the background, I used Distress Oxide Sprays in Blue, Yellow, and Pink. Then I sprayed some mica pigments onto a leaf stencil and used the stencil as a stamp to create another layer of colour and shine.


Then I stamped, here and there, some of my favorites Grungy Stuff stamps and the dots that came on the Textured Birds set, with different colors.


For the composition, I just took some scraps of paper and this gorgeous bird. I coloured the bird with my shine watercolours (I love them).


With the same background and techniques, I created some ATCs for a little exchange with my artist friends. I always love trading ATCs.

 

Hope you enjoyed the inspiration for today and stay safe from the hot summer.

Priss XOXO

The stamps I used...

Textured Birds

Grungy Stuff




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!