"Staycation" Postcard by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends,

How are you all?

We are having very strange, mixed weather in this part of the world, quite a lot of rain and not very summery at all. Which got me thinking about how different holidays are for a lot of us at the moment, so I created a "Staycation" postcard.

I have a set of blank watercolour postcards which I used for this. 

I used the Happy Place stamp set to stamp some images on watercolour paper. 

I used watercolours to colour some of these in and used coloured pencils to add some shading.

Next I used one of the stamps from the Pencil Marks #1 set, embossing ink and clear embossing powder to add some texture to the background, followed by Oxide Inks in shades of blue & green.

I wiped over the whole postcard with a piece of kitchen towel to make the white embossed area stand out, then stamped some gold stars on the dark blue area.

Finally  I glued the houses onto the card (I cut off and rearranged some of the trees), and used an old alphabet stamp set to stamp the word "staycation".

Now who should I send it to...?

Look after yourselves,

Until next time,

Angie x

Stamps used:

Pencil Marks #1

Happy Place



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands