Sketchy Birds ATC's by Dot Leathbridge

Hi everyone,

it's Dot here today with an ATC tutorial for you using Sketchy Birds, Sketchy Flowers #3, Mandalas and Mix a Sentiment #2. 


I've really enjoy these stamps and couldn't resist using them again, but this time on ATC's.
The birds are so gorgeous.

I was in the mood for blending with distress inks, so that was my starting point for these ATC's. There is something quite relaxing about blending.

I chose 2 soft colours which feature on our Mood Board this month.



One of the best things about distress ink is how it reacts with water.
I chose some Mandala stamps and spritzed them.
It's good to hold the spray about a foot above the stamp and to
only spray 2-3 times.



What I like to do is hold the stamp on the ink for about 10 secs,
wait a bit and then dab with paper toweling.
Finishing off with a heat tool.
It usually brings up the image beautifully.



Then simply cut the card into ATC sizes.
Personally, I always make 3 at a time.
The measurements are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"



These are the images from Sketchy Flowers that I thought would 
fit on an ATC.
all I need to do is cut these out.


The water-colouring effect is with DI from my craft sheet.
I used the same colours as what was on the blended background.


I've kept the birds plain.
The colours of the Mood Board are quite soft 
so I thought white would tone everything down.
The birds are matched to some flowers and glued together.



Then they are attached to the ATC.
I've trimmed the over-hanging parts of the image as I 
think it is fun sometimes to just use part of an image.
Each ATC has been edged with black ink.

All I need to do is finish these off.
You'll see below that I've added some words to each ATC
with Mix A Sentiment #2.
Sketched some lines around the edges.
And mounted these onto black card.

Here is a closer look at each one.

Peek-a-boo


Reflective



Inquisitive



The stamps used are:


Sketchy Birds
(Stunning!)


Sketchy Flowers #3
(Best flowers ... ever!)


Mandalas
(a beautiful stamp set)


Mix A Sentiment #2
(goes well with the first set)


And here is a look at our Mood Board for December.

I have used the soft pink and blue, the flowers
and bird on my ATC's.

I hope you've enjoyed my ATC's today.
Wishing everyone a creative day.

Dot x



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi