Pure Mixed Media, Art Journal by Priss

Hello sweeties!!!

It's almost time to leave Fall behind and welcome Winter, so I wanted to say goodbye to this wonderful season with a very autumnal page in my square Art Journal in my purest Mixed Media style.

I started by randomly gluing,  over my page, scraps of paper in autumn tones. They are simply printer sheets that I used to place under some tags that I painted with sprays the last month.

For the second layer, I applied white gesso all over my page in order to protect and prepare the papers for applying water-based paints later. Somewhere lighter, somewhere denser. 

With modeling paste and a stencil, I applied some texture in the middle of the page. With the grid stamp of the set Mixed Media Marks and bounding embossing powder I applied some Rose Gold foil to make it more shine.

First four layers of my page

After this, It's time for color and that's always my favorite part. I applied color with my Gelatos (I just love them). The ones I choose were yellow, orange, pine green, olive green, and purple.

To make another texture layer I stamped some marks with Oxide Inks and also with Acrylic Markers. All of them with my favorite stamps from the set Mixed Media Marks.


If something has this page are layers and layers (I adore them). The next step was to apply white crackle paste, here and there. It is very important that we let it air dry and not rush it with the heat gun if we want to have a nice crackle.


Meanwhile, I stamped some Textured Mushrooms over watercolor cardstock and painted it with watercolors. Then I make it more interesting by applying lights and shadows with colored pencils and a white gel pen. 


After that, I fuzzy cut the mushrooms and prepared my composition with some extra elements: lace, crumpled and ink-stained paper, folded fabric ribbons, a tag with the cutout stamps, and lots of splatters.

I stamped my journal with the texts from the Mixed Media Marks set, constructing my own affirmation to feel more open to experiment and create with freedom.

Now I leave you with some photos on my finished page, so you can see the details of the layers.




A little reminder that our beautiful December's Mood Board continues in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook. We hope to see you there.

Priss - Hugs

These are the stamps I used...

Textured Mushrooms


Mixed Media Marks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi