The Gift of Christmas by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here and I'd like to share a quick and easy Christmas card, perfect for batch making if you have lots to do. I wanted to do a tutorial but I was enjoying it so much I forgot to take step by step photos so I hope my writing explains for you.


My card base is 5 inches square so I mat and layered to make the card more substantial to halp make the gorgeous pink colour pop.
I made the top layer using a stencil and distress inks and I stamped the cute Christmas tree from the Textured Christmas Trees stamps set on white card.


I added some coordinating coloured splats, pink, turquoise and yellow always work so well together. I coloured the Christmas tree using watercolour paints.


To finish I added some pink, sparkly sequins, a sentiment from Watercolour Xmas stamp set, finally using the edge of an old credit card I grounded the tree with lines of paint.

Here are the stamp sets I used, just click on them to go Rubber Dance shopping, and there's lots more inspiration on Facebook in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge.

I hope I've inspired you, thanks for looking and have a lovely day, Sam :)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi