Simple Layered Stamping by Gail

Hello Rubber Dance friends.  Gail here today and I have been simply playing with my stamps and colours today to make some pretty, easy cards.  

 
I used stamps from Rubber Dance Carved Collection 3, Sketchy Birds and Pencil Marks 1 with distress ink colours and a little black and brown archival ink.

I started with an A4 sheet of pale grey card and stamped the Circle all over.  I used Scattered Straw on the right hand side, but switched to Tea Dye on the left.  I inked the stamp and stamped it twice each time before re-inking. 

I stamped the Feather all over the sheet using Spiced Marmalade ink

Then I took the small leaf cluster and stamped it in two shades of pink.  If you look in the top left hand corner I started with brown shades and didn't like the look.  If you aren't sure, do a colour trial in a corner to check your choices.  I thought I would be cutting that bit off the sheet, but in the end it became a useful design point, so you never know.  There are no mistakes in art!!!

I stamped all four of the Sketchy Birds on another sheet of the grey card, colouring then with brighter shades of the same colours by simply stamping on them with the ink pads.  I got some hard lines, and I could have spritzed with water to soften these, but I quite liked them, so just added a little extra yellow to the beaks and fussy cut. 

I cut the stamped sheet into four pieces using a stitched rectangle die, mounted the panels on some mixed cream/off white card bases and added the birds.  The middle two I have stamped their legs onto the panels before adding them to the card bases.  The fourth on I used a scribbley stamp from Pencil Marks 1 which looked like it would make a good branch and sat the bird on it.  His 'tail' sticking down is actually part of the Pencil Marks stamp! 



Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you enjoyed my quick cards.  There is still a couple of days left to join the GIVEAWAY in the fb group!  See you there!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Bleu, Blanc, Rouge

Love This Life