Rainbow Gift Bag by Samantha Read

Hello Friends, Samantha here today and I'm sharing a tutorial showing how I decorated a plain gift bag in to something ready for a special gift, decorating a gift bag is a wonderful way to make a gift a little more special, is a great way of personalising a gift and of course it can be reused many times and can be made suitable for any occasion!

I didn't work straight on to the surface of the bag, but looking back I could have, may be next time!

I cut a piece of white card to fit the front of my bag and then using acrylic paints started my background.


Using a stencil and some white gesso....


I have a flowery background.


To add more detail and depth I stamped some of the Pencil Mark #3 stamps and coloured with white ink. I also splashed some lustre spray on for a bit of sparkle. 


I then stamped the leaves and rainbow from Pencil Marks #3 stamp set and some words from Sketchy Flowers #2. (I decided not to use the stars!) 


Here's a close up showing the shine.


I do hope you like and thank you for looking.
For more inspiration you can join the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook here!

Here's the stamps I used for my gift bag:



 Wishing you a lovely day, Sam x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!