Passion, Art, Adventure Tag with Moths by Priss

Hello everyone,

Priss (@artful.layers) here with another Mixed Media Tag with the colours of August's Moodboard. I already mentioned that last month's Moodboard colour combination had enchanted me and I keep doing projects with it.

First, I cut a tag from mixed media paper and paint colour blocks with pigments as watercolours.

Then, I stamped, here and there, with stamps from the sets Doodle Borders 2  and Mixed Media Circles  (with ink in similar colours). Also, I stamped with white and yellow embossing powder and stamps of the set Mixed Media Marks.

Meanwhile, I prepared some elements to use in my composition. 

Over vellum, I stamped in pink embossing powder my favourite stamp from the set Grungy Stuff and cut around it.

Over a scrap of book paper, I stamped half moth of the set Inky Friends and painted it. On a piece of scrapbooking paper I stamped with the numbers from the set Mixed Media Marks, and over a mixed media paper painted sometime previously, I stamped again the moth and fussy cut it.

I used my Sewing machine to join all the paper pieces together and also to make a frame over my tag. Then I glued all the pieces over the tag along with some threads of similar colours to the palette.

The last steps were to glue the moth in its place, set some texts from Mix A Sentiment 1  (Passion, Art, ADVENTURE), splatter with black, and tie some silk ribbons with the colours of the mood board.

Now I leave you with more detailed photos of my tag. I do hope you like it, thanks for looking, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop