Bird Postcard by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm delighted to be sharing my postcard with you.
I just love postcards, they're a great size, 4 inches by 6 inches, to make something simple or complicated and if sealed correctly they can be sent through the post naked, (not in an envelope). I used to organise postcard swaps a few years ago, it was great fun sending and receiving. When my mojo goes walk about and I just can't seem to focus, I nearly always reach for one of my blank postcards and just start something not knowing where it might go.


For this postcard I just wanted to see what the back ground tree stencil would look like if done in yello, rather then blue or black for day and night skies. Then of course trees need a bird or two so I reached for the Textured Birds stamp set and thought this bird looked cute looking at the stars through the branches. I couldn't resist adding the leaves from Pencil Marks #3 and Weed Love in brown ink to add some more depth. The stars and text are from Celestial stamp set.

For more inspiration and to share your own Rubber Dance creations join us in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge here on Facebook.

Here's a list of the stamps I used:






 Thanks so much for looking, wishing you a lovely day, Sam x

(The tree stencil is from Funky Fossil Designs and is just fabulous).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!