Birds Card by Dot Leathbridge

 Hi everyone,
I hope is all well in your part of the world.

Today I've had a bit of fun with the Textured Birds stamp set
by making a bird card.
This is a one-layer card with lots of masking involved
(still my favourite thing to do).

Here is how this card was made.

Firstly, I made some masks of the birds and letters that I'll be using.
Photo copy paper is handy for this as it is thin.
Simply stamp your images and then cut them out.

It works beautifully when you cut to the inside of the stamped image.



I made a quick template of the idea that was in my head.
To see if it would work!
I didn't use the smaller birds in the final make.
Now I am ready to repeat it onto my cardstock.



Start by stamping the image that is going to be the
front image.



At this stage I've masked the 'front' bird and then stamped the 
letters from Alphabet Uno.
I LOVE this set - you can make any word that you like!

Then I masked a couple of the letters and
stamped another bird so that it will appear behind the word.



Then I added ALL of the masks as I want to add some
flowery images behind the birds.



Sketchy Flowers #1 was ideal for what I had in mind.
Once you remove your masks this is how it looks.
This is my first time at using this stamp.
OMG ... I can't wait to use it again! It is GORGEOUS.



The colours used are from our Mood Board this month.
Water colouring has been done on the Textured Birds and
the Sketchy Flowers #1.
For the letters from Alphabet Uno, I used Brushos.
I simply painted water onto the letters and sprinkled the Brushos onto them.
Once dry you can brush off any excess. It only stays where the water was.



After walking away and then coming back with fresh eyes,
I decided to add some more depth with my pencils.
And then a little blending around the edges finishes the card off.

The stamps used for this card are:



Alphabet Uno
(a 'must-have' in your collection)



This is our Mood Board from facebook
for the month of June.

You take as little or as much inspiration as you like
from the mood board.

And reminder that if you are in Australia,
we have a huge selection of Rubber Dance stamps available through
Ink Art Designs
which makes it easy for you to get your favourite stamps.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today.
I had so much fun making this card.
Please scroll down through the blog as see more wonderful ideas and inspiration
from our Design Team.

Take care where ever you are.
Dot x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!