Beach in a Box by Gail

Hello Rubber Dance friends.  I hope you are having a wonderful sunny day.  Here in southern Norway it's toasty warm and the sea is so inviting.  I have repurposed a sardine can and made a little beach scene with the wonderful Take the Plunge stamp set.


 

 Empty a sardine can and give it a good wash.  Keep the lid as well. 

 
I smeared the lid with Versamark ink and embossed with Emerald Creek Dirty Sand embossing powder.  I think double sided tape might have been a better idea than the ink, and real sand is also an option, maybe with some sort of gel medium.  Hold the lid with tweezers if heat embossing cos that baby gets hot!!!!   Stick some pebbles and shells on with hot glue or other sticky stuff. 

I used the tin as a rough guide to cut a piece of thin card to fit inside the tin.  I stamped the Beach Rules and smeared with various distress inks.  I stamped the Bathing Beauty on white card with black archival ink, coloured with distress markers, paint pens and sharpies and fussy cut.

I put two layers of bubble wrap in the tin to fill it out a bit and added the bathing rules stamped card.   I positioned the 'beach' lid and then the girl to finish my scene.

This was really fun to make.  Go eat some fish and give this a try.  Don't forget to share your makes with us in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge.  I'd love to see some repurposed sardine cans!!!

The Rubber Dance webshop is worth a visit as there is a selection of stamps on special offer, so hop on over and check out the sale.

 

 Rubber Dance links:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Join our Combined Blog Hop!

Back from The Netherlands