Beautiful Dancing Woman Card - by Dot Leathbridge

 Hi everyone,

Do you ever just use stamps on their own 
as a challenge to yourself?
It is one of my favourite things to do.

Today's tutorial shows a card that is all stamping
with a splash of pink and grey.

I hope you enjoy it.
The stamp sets used are Dancing Woman,
Antique Botanicals and I Love Leaves.


I started by making some masks. The flowers and the Dancing Woman
were stamped onto photo copy paper and then cut out.
Remember that when you make a mask you cut inside the image.


Stamp the flowers.
They look random, however I practiced on some scrap
paper first so that they would be in the right positions.
I didn't want the lady to be covered up.


Carefully place the flower masks over the top of the flowers
then stamp the Dancing Woman.


I've added a little rustic water colouring with Distress Ink
to the lady's dress and skin.



After a little thought I decided to add some grey ink
to the area within the rectangle.
I wanted the flowers to 'pop' without having to do anything to them.
It's only a subtle thing to do but it's the subtle things
after all that can make a big difference.



To create another layer of depth I've added some leaves from
I Love Leaves so that they are behind the rectangle and the flowers.
I used pink and grey for lovely soft tones.
There is a little softness added to the edge of the card 
with black ink as well.

Each layer has it's own look.


Here are a few close ups for you.


Isn't she gorgeous!
Rubber Dance have a lot of beautiful and classical stamps
that are fun to use.  This stamp is definitely one of them.




Here is our Mood Board for May.
You'll find lots of inspiration over on our facebook page.


The inspiration that I used was 'beauty'.
That is what I saw when I looked at the Mood Board.

What do you see?


Wishing everyone a crafty day!

Dot x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop