Welcome to the Rubber Dance monthly Art Stamping Challenge!
Our challenge is all about colour! Each month we bring you a gorgeous colour scheme to kick-start your muse.
For September our colours are classic autumn – warm golds, oranges and reds; the rich hues of trees in the fall.
- We'll pick an overall WINNER at random who receives an amazing grab bag of unmounted Rubber Dance stamps worth 25 Euro! (that's over $30!) No duplicates, we promise!
- The Design Team will choose our favourite entry - our DT Pick of the Month.
- Any entries using Rubber Dance stamps will get a special mention!
Both our winner and Pick of the Month will get badges to proudly display on their blogs.
Winners will be announced on our blog on the 7th of the following month, so remember to check back to see if you won!
Please take a quick look at the rules below before you create. Don’t worry, there aren't many rules and they are not complicated.
Need some inspiration? Check out these examples from our fabulous Design Team!
|Trifold tag card by Bibi: Tags coloured and stamped with Distress inks. Bird on left is stamped in red, cut out and overstamped with notes. Hearts are of chipboard. Gemstones and glitter glue in upper corners. Stamps used: M1-4H: Sheet Music and B2-L: Vintage Birds.|
|Mini printer tray by Irit: Fall is just around
the corner with its rich colors and textures and this month's RD challenge is
just a perfect one to combine the new Vintage birds stamp set and lovely set of
leaves to make this warm chipboard tray as wall decor for this season. I used patterned paper to stamp over it as my basic layer
and then added heat embossed and hand cut images from the Vintage Bird set
around the frame. The bird was stamped clear embossing powder and heat embossed
with black one; then I added some gold 3d enamel lines over the embossed
surface. Stamps used: B2-L: Vintage Birds; NP3-M: Twiggy Leaves|
Just a Note by Bibi: I stamped and clear embossed the music notes on yellow cardstock, then smooshed Distress Inks over and adhered the panel to one slightly larger of the same yellow cardstock. I added a bow around it and adhered it to red mulberry paper then an orange base card. Maple leaves are stamped with Distress Inks on yellow cardstock and cut out. I finished with a stamped sentiment. Stamps used: M1-4H: Sheet Music; Maple stamp from NP1-M: I Love Leaves; sentiment from the set JNEN-2E: Just a Note
|ATC by Majo: For our first Colour Challenge at
Rubber Dance Stamps I created an ATC. I applied gesso to the background
and coloured it with 13@rts Mist. The sentiments and the images are stamped with
StazOn Timber Brown. Stamps used: B2-L: Vintage Birds; B3-5B: Silhouette Seagulls|
|Forever Fall by Katy: My tag is stamped with the beautiful maple leaves using a variety of Distress Inks then dusted with Perfect Pearls while still wet. I added the foliage stamp from the Vintage Birds set around the edges and some falling sycamore seeds. I finished with twine and a sentiment.|
|Good Company by Steph: I fussy cut a number of leaves and inked
them in a variety of Clearsnap chalk inks. Because they have a longer drying
time, chalk inks were perfect to use because they can easily be blended. Think
Chestnut Roan, Guacamole, Creamy Brown, and Rose Coral - perfect fall
colours. The background is #BK2-2E: Burlap which was stamped several times with Candied Yam Chalk Ink. The card
was also edged with Candied Yam before mounting. Ribbon and
twine were tied around the card and the leaves added with foam adhesive for
dimension. The sentiment is an acrylic panel I found in my stash.|
|Wreath by Helen: I just had to plunge head long into autumn for my first challenge piece. The
colour challenge this month is just perfect to combine with the Maple Leaf stamp. I painted 5 sheets of cardstock with
acrylic paint blending gold, orange and red to achieve different shades. Once
everything was dry I set about stamping and embossing lots and lots of leaves! I
cut them out, shaped them and hot glued them all around a polystyrene wreath. A
glittery word some ribbon and a few embellishments added and I now have a lovely
home décor piece ready to welcome in the Autumn. Don't those leaves look real?!|
Join our challenge!
All you have to do is:
1) Create something with this month's colour scheme
|Nature card by Olga: I'm in love with beautiful nature stamps from Rubber Dance! :) For our autumn
challenge I used my lovely set of stamps I Love Leaves. I stamped with
acrylic paints on paper and then cut out, it's my lovely way of using these beautiful stamps. If you will try to do the same, you will have a very beautiful
result and of course I hope that it will be useful for you :) I can't wait to
see your new creations for our challenge! Be sure to join us!|
2) Add your linky below before the closing date
3) Add a link back to the Rubber Dance blog to your entry post
4) Follow our blog
- This is an art stamping challenge so all entries need to include rubber stamping (no digi stamps please).
- We'd LOVE it if you use Rubber Dance stamps but this is NOT necessary to join in and will make no difference to your chances of winning.
- Entries need to use the colour scheme provided – you are welcome to add neutral colours like white, black, cream or metallic to the given colours.
- You can make absolutely anything you like for the challenge – cards, ATCs, altered art, mixed media, scrapbook pages, jewellery....... whatever you want!
- Entry is via the linking tool only. We are very sorry that we can't accept email entries.
- Please provide deep links to your actual project post, not just a link to your blog (to do this, click on the title of your blog entry and copy/paste the URL that appears in your browser's address field).
- Please link only to new work – don’t backlink to previously made art.
- You are welcome to combine our challenge with up to five additional challenges.
- You can join our challenge with up to five entries as long as they are on different blog posts and linked up separately.
- Entries are welcome from anywhere in the world.
- PLEASE consider turning off word verification on your blog if you would like to receive comments from the Design Team as this makes our job much easier.
We reserve the right to remove entries that don't meet these requirements.
Colour scheme for September:
Classic autumn – warm golds, oranges and reds; the rich hues of trees in the fall.
Closing date for entries:
Midnight September 30th, Central European Time (= GMT+1 or EST + 6)
Have fun! We can't wait to see what YOU come up with! :-)
Greetings from the DT & Staff at Rubber Dance
Our next colour scheme challenge will be announced on October 1st at noon CET.
Any questions? Please use the comment field below and we'll answer as soon as we can.
I promise really to try to join this challenge !
Wish many many entries for you!
Thank you for the challenge! I'm with Boo, I love these colors...and I'm so happy to get to pull out my too-long-neglected stamps! Everybody's work is so beautiful...I'm going to study under you masters of stampery! :)
Oh, and we fixed the double entry, no problem :)
Thanks Bi x
Yep, we ship worldwide - it's a great pleasure to have "fans" all over the planet :-)