How to improve an ugly background by Priss

Hello, I'm Priss and I welcome you to a fun Tutorial improving a background that I didn't like the first time. 

Do you remember this art journal page I made for March?

Well, when I did the background the first time, it didn't turn out the way I expected. The Resist Technique didn't work well with the clear embossing powder, so I did it with Gold EP. But here nothing is thrown away, much less failed backgrounds.

So I saw the failed background and my first idea was to make two labels. I cut the paper into two 2.5-inch stripes and punched them out with a tag puncher.

I feel that my backgrounds need more light and elements that make a contrast. That's why I decided to stamp some rainbows of the set Carved Collection 1with violet and yellow inks over silk paper. You know I love to use silk paper over my backgrounds.

Then I glued the rainbows and stamped over the tags with stamps of the set Pencil Marks 5. After that, I chose some Posca pens (white, yellow, violet) to make more marks.

As usual, I made splatters with white liquid paint for the final touch. And put matching eyelets.

I chose two gorgeous flowers from the set Flowers Gone Wild for the focal point. I painted the Sunflower with Posca Pens, including the shadows, and the Lavender with colored pencils. 

I glued on the flowers and put some washi tape on the bottom and a few more touches. I tied gray silk ribbons and voila, my labels are ready.

But this is not the end. Because initially I wanted to make an Art Journal page, so I thought I could create one with my labels.

I just had to prepare a background with purple and yellow splashes, paste my labels and add a motivational phrase.

And now yes, I already have my page with the quote  'Dare flight and Feel free' made with the stamps of the Mix A Sentiment 1 set. A second chance for an ugly background.

Now I leave you with a few close-up photos.



Please check out the other blog posts for a lot of inspiration from the team. We have a fabulous Mood Board this month to help bring you ideas and you have the opportunity to win a 10€ voucher for the store.

Hugs, Priss

(My Posts | Instagram | Facebook)



Here are the stamps I used:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands