Five Little Fish by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm sharing another page ready for my art journal.
It was really an experiment, I wanted to find out how embossing powder would look on the edges of torn card and I really liked the textured finish.


The fish were originally going to be all the colours I could find but in the end they looked better all the same colour combination. Sometimes things don't go as we plan in our heads.

I created the background using diluted distress inks and swishing the card in the inks.

Using the Carved Collection #3 stamp set I added some background details. I then added gold embossing powder all along the edge.

To create some bubbles I used some glittery embossing powder. This adds a really lovely shimmer and the silver glitter adds lovely contrast to the gold edges. I remember reading somewhere that gold and silver shouldn't be used together but I quite like it.


I then stamped and coloured the fish I needed from the Textured Fishes stamp set. I used watercolour paints and Prismacolour pencils to colour them.


To break up the white page I stamped the fishes some more and added some watery splats in the same colours I used on the torn card.


I then adhered everything in place and finished by adding white highlights with a Posca pen.

Here are the stamp sets I used:



 For more inspiration and the chance to join in some Rubber Dance fun you can find us on Facebook - Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge, right here!

Thanks so much for looking, wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi