Butterfly Art Journal Page by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends,

I hope you're all well.


Sometimes I really struggle to come up with my next idea so I go and sit in my art cabin (known as the "rabbit hole"), look at my supplies and usually something sparks an idea. I don't think I ever really "plan" anything - I just play. Trust in the process - isn't that what they say?

Well something made me want to play with a circle today. I cut a template from a piece of card and used it to cut a circle out of a piece of scrapbook paper. I also marked where the circle would be on my journal page.

I used Distress Oxides to colour the patterned paper a little.

I did some clear-ish embossing in the blank area left for the circle (though this didn't show up very well).

I adhered the patterned paper to my journal page.

Next I stamped the butterfly onto a piece of paper that I'd coloured with Distress Oxides. I cut it out. the glued it down on one side of the circle with a piece of silver netting underneath.


As usual this is the point where I got carried away adding finishing touches, forgetting to take pictures!

A little crimson splatter, some Stickles, some gems, some gold pen  - and of course a quote.

Until next time!

Hugs from Angie x

Stamps used:

Inky Friends




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop