Home is where the heart is by Priss

Hello, my friends, Priss (@artful.layers) here. Welcome to a fun tutorial.

Today I show you how I made this Journal Page for my Rubber Dance "Squared" Art Journal using the super cute Happy Place stamps set. You can find another page with this stamp here

I first stamped two Mandalas with gold embossing powder and then applied some black and gray pigments here and there. I also put more emphasis on the center of the mandalas, so that they were much darker and the gold of the mandalas stood out much more.

On a piece of mixed media paper, I used the emboss resist technique with a stamp from the Mixed Media Marks #3 set.  I use embossing ink and superfine translucent powders.

I spread my favorite pigments of this beautiful shade of pink with little orange dots. I then stamped some marks and mandalas with pink permanent ink and punched out a big heart with a die cut.

Going back to my journal page, I stamped more marks on the background, just behind the heart, and around the edge as well. This time with gray permanent ink. 

Once I glued my heart, I made a shadow around it with a black watercolor pencil.

I stamped the Happy Place set over a piece of textured watercolor paper and painted them with watercolors. I love that you can see the texture of the paper in the watercolor stamps. you don't?.

I chose the buildings with funny palm trees. They remind me a lot of my beloved Venezuela.

To finish my buildings I added highlights with a white gel pen and some little marks with a Micron fine liner pen.

Now it's time for composition.

There are always some elements that I have more or less clear where to put depending on the message I want to communicate, but then there are many others that ask me not to forget them and place them, although at first, it did not occur to me to set them. 

Originally, I wanted to use scraps of paper, along with washi tape, to place the house and the sentiment on it. But there were my fabric ribbons (they are made of Indian Saris) looking at me with those little eyes and I confess, they always outdo me, so I changed my mind about this other idea.


Then I added more little hearts and my final touch with white splatters. 

Now I leave you some photos with details of the project.  I hope you like it as much as I do when making them.

Have you checked out our Facebook group to see more wonderful inspiration? We have a fabulous Mood Board this month to help bring you ideas.

Here are the stamps I used:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands