Pretty Flower Tag by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends,

how are you? Spring seems to have sprung in this part of the world, it's my favourite time of the year as I love all the spring blossom.

I have a tag for you today (I seem to be into tags lately), hope you like it.


I wanted to keep the background fairly simple and let the main image speak for itself.

I used the "Flowers gone wild" set for this project.

I started by stamping 2 of the images onto cream paper, using green embossing powder for one of them and brown embossing powder for the other, then cut them out.

Next I stamped the sunflower on a piece of gel printed paper. As you can see I often use 3 colours and slightly blend them, that way you have a ready made colour scheme for a lot of stamps. This works especially well for flowers. I'm not really a lover of colouring in!


I cut a tag from a piece of cream card and splattered some watered down gold paint on it.

Once this was dry I arranged the flowers on the tag (or "auditioned" them, as a lot of artists say now!) and glued them down once I was happy with the layout.  I stamped the words on a piece of scrap gel print (using the brown embossing powder) and added it to the tag.

Finally I edged the whole tag with pink embossing powder and added some sari ribbon.

Until next time!

Hugs from Angie x

Stamps used: Flowers gone wild



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands