Birthday Card with Guinea Pig by Priss

 Hey everyone! Priss here. Welcome to an easy & fun tutorial using the super cute Guinea Pig Stamps set.

First, I cut down a piece of watercolor paper to the size of 6 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches. 

I prepared a 'watercolor mix' made with Distress Oxides Reink and as much water as I wanted to lighten the color. 

Then I painted some stripes alternating colors, and using iridescent gold and copper watercolors, I added some sparkles to them.

To make the background more interesting, I stamped a few little rainbows on each strip with the same colors using distress inks pads. 

I love adding some splatters, so this time I did it with the gold and copper watercolors. For the final touch of this background, I made a frame with a fine black pen.

I stamped and painted with alcohol markers, the Guinea Pig, and the flowers of the set. And for the final touches,  I did shadows and highlights with my favorite crayons and pens.

Now Is time for composition. You know this is the funniest part. And then I chose the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment stamped in black. This sentiment is one of two that come with this hilarious set.

Now I let you some close-ups.


I hope you like it and inspires you to create your own version.
Please check out the other blog posts for a lot of inspiration from the team.  


Have a nice day!

Priss XOXO


The stamps I used


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands