Falling Feathers by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I would like to share with you a page for my art journal.


I wanted something a little different to my usual clean and bright colours but also I wanted some texture and contrast. So got busy with some distress inks and a spray to begin with.....

I used the technique where you lay the distress ink down, spritz it with water and then mop up with the paper. For another colour and layer I used a spray.

I then added more texture using gelatos and a stamp.

I stamped the gorgeous butterfly girl stamp and the leaves on white card and coloured using watercolour paints. I also stamped some feathers on white card and coloured and stamped some directly on to the page.

I finished off my page by adding some arty splats and some stars, there is also some subtle glitter on her wings which the camera didn't pick up. 

Here are the wonderful stamps I used:

Butterfly Girl #2






 I do hope you like my page, thanks so much for looking. For lots more inspiration please join us on Facebook right here Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge.

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop