3 mixed media tags by Kate

Hi, 

today I have small photo tutorial because I made very mixed media tags and it was very long for video and it is so easy that with photos you can easily create.

For my tags I used Mandalas and Doodle borders 1.


1. step - die cut or cut with scissors from heavy weight paper shape of tag, make collage on it with just scraps which you find in your stash (use any kind of glue) and take Mandalas stamps, clear embossing ink and different embossing powders - heat emboss randomly at tags mandalas





2.step - not necessary but I like to dry brush some white gesso, dry it (use heat tool to speed drying)

3.step - cover all tags with clear gesso and randomly put gold flakes - just straight on wet gesso, it makes beautiful effect and you are adding lovely layer 

4. step - take some of your favourite stencils and any kind of texture paste, add it on tags, keep some composition, do not cover everything, project needs to breathe, I used my favourite crackle paste by Ranger 

5. step -  this is fun - colouring part ---- I took Magicals by Lindys stamp gang but you can use any kind of liquid medium to colour tags, I decided to stick colouring in the middle of tags, there are detailed photos of it, I love Magicals, they are bright and a bit sparkling





6. step - at the end  stamp here and there with black Versa fine onyx black ink Doodling borders and add sentiment from stamp set - Journal words - use small 3D foam squares or dots to add dimension to your sentiment


Here are some detailed photos. I love these easy and stil very mixed media projects. It is fun and relaxing and with Rubber dance stamps it is easy.












Have a nice day

Kate
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi