Cardmaking With Flowers By Dot

Hello everyone,
It's Dot here today with a cardmaking tutorial for you that uses some of our new stamps.
Have you noticed how gorgeous the new stamps from Rubber Dance are this year?
I have found that they work really well with the rest
of the designs too.



This card uses a few of the colours and themes from our August Mood Board.


Are you ready for a step-x-step for you on how this card came together?
Here we go ...



The background has been made by swiping white card through distress ink
that was on my craft sheet. Then a little tone-on-tone stenciling
was added which brings out the colours even more.




The smallest bee from Buzzy Bees was stamped and masked
before adding this gorgeous flower from Inky Flowers behind it.




The same idea was repeated into the top corner.




The Inky Flowers stamp set has a couple of really pretty buds 
which came in handy to add more detail to the bottom corner.




More texture has been added to the background to give a little more depth.
This is done through stenciling and stamping
randomly with words from Art Defined.




Out came my coloured pencils!
The leaves are blue, but that is okay isn't it?
The colours are from our mood board.




I found the perfect words for this card in
Flowers Gone Wild!




Now it is time for some finishing touches.
A black fine liner was used to create boxes around each word.
A white paint pen gave me some nice splatters.







More stenciling, a hand drawn boarder and extra words have been added in a darker blue
just to finish the card off.

I have a special friend that this card is going to.
I was going to say an 'old' friend, but that might be a little rude lol.


The stamps used on my card are:



Inky Flowers
You NEED this one!










A quick reminder that we have our challenges over on 
facebook now.

Here is a little look at the August Mood Board.




I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.

Until next time, I hope you all have a really crafty day!


Dot x

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a brilliant card!!! I love it so so much Dot!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi