Happy Place Tag by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'm sharing a mini tutorial showing how I made this cute tag.
We're all probably thinking about holidays, whether staying at home or travelling, we all have our happy place.


For this quick project I started with a blank tag, (like the one on the left), I used Distress Inks to colour some paper and adhered it to the tag. I did this rather than gesso the wood because inks would have behaved differently on gesso.


Then using the Mixed Media Marks and Happy Place stamp sets I created my background. I stamped the main focal house image to help plan the background, I then stamped again on white card along with sun and coloured using watercolours.
I stamped the background using a darker shade of distress inks than I used for the base colour and also used a dark grey for the text.


When I was happy with my background, I drew extra details to frame the edge of the tag and and glued the house and sun, from the Celestial stamp set, in place.


To finish I added details to the windows and shutters and also some ribbon.


Thanks so much for looking, I hope you like my tag. 
For more inspiration please join us on Facebook here.

Here's the stamps I used for this project:




 Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Bleu, Blanc, Rouge

Love This Life