Having a Whale of a Time by Dot Leathbridge

Hello everyone,

It's Dot here with a tutorial for you showing how I made a card
using the Whale Wishes stamp set. 

A friend sent me a pic of some whales playing in the bay at my old home town
 and I thought it would be a great idea to make a card with whales on it.

All the stamps are from the one set.

Are you ready to see how it was created?
Here we go.



The first thing that I did was to add some Distress Ink to a gel plate
and spritzed it with water.


This is how the print turned out.
As simple as it is, Distress Ink can give you some
wonderful effects on a gel plate, which you can vary
according to how much water you add.




I made a quick mask using photo copy paper and
added some leaf detail randomly around the edges
of the print using Oxides.




I wanted to add a subtle layer of bubbles in the background
by using the ghosting technique but it didn't work
as well as I would've liked. 
Plan B came into play!  I added some colouring to the 
faint images of the bubble stencil.



I stamped some extra bubbles with one of the 
stamps from Whale Wishes.
To make them pop I've coloured them with 
a white pencil.
I also coloured the leaves of the 'seaweed'.




The whales were stamped onto white card and
then cut out. 
One whale didn't seem enough for the space that 
I was working in, so I decided to have two whales.
They've been joined together with a little glue.




The background needed some finishing touches.
A little more seaweed, a few extra bubbles and
some words have been added.
I haven't used these words before so I thought
they would be a bit of fun.




The whales only just fitted on the card!
Phew!!!


The stamp set used is
Whale Wishes





A reminder about our Mood Board this month.




In my card today
I've used the blue colour as my base inspiration.

What inspiration are you getting from our Mood Board?


Wishing everyone a really crafty day.
Dot x















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi