Dreamcatching by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,
The Dreamcatcher stamp set caught my eye this week
so on this card I've used a few elements from this set.

The background was the result of a little bit of experimenting
with my gel plate
and I thought it would be perfect backdrop
for what I had in mind. 


I have a few close up pictures for you so that you can see
what I have done.


The dreamcatcher itself is such a stunning stamp!
It has been stamped onto white cardstock with black ink
and cut out with a knife.
Now this is what I call fussy cutting lol.
Mind you, a few cups of coffee probably helped too.
I like to use 240gsm card as it is easy to cut out.




Here is a closer look at the dreamcatcher.
I've added some blue ink in the area behind it so that it 
stood out that little bit more on the card.




The word love is also from the Dreamcatcher stamp set.
It has been stamped with Versamark and white embossed.
Black fine liner was added to help the words stand out.





Swirls and feathers have been stamped in blue ink
onto the background to add even more depth.

To finish off the card more blue ink was added as a frame 
around the outside.
A doodled bit of string was hand drawn, because we all know that
a dreamcatcher needs to hang from something.
White gel pen highlights were added to the background feathers
 to help them to stand out more.

Then it was finally matted and layered.



The stamp set used is:

This set has many elements in it and 
is great value for money.
Can you see the wings?
I haven't even used these yet!


A reminder about our Mood Board this month.


In my card today
I've used the blue colour as my base inspiration.
And the word Love comes from the heart on the 
Mood Board.

What inspiration are you getting from our Mood Board?


Wishing everyone a really crafty day.
Dot x






Comments

Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous make and stamps! I am totally in awe with your fussy cutting Dot... no amount of coffee would help me do that!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands