Retro Birthday Card by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends,

how are you?

I was playing with the Pencil Marks #5 set recently and loved the retro vibe one of the stamps was giving me so I thought I'd make something for the blog.

I used my favourite Distress Oxide technique to create some backgrounds (you can never have enough backgrounds, right?!). I just swipe a few colours on my craft mat, spritz with water and mop up with card or paper until I like the effect. You have to experiment a little bit - some papers work better than others.


I chose a yellow piece for the background and cut it into a square to fit my card.

Then I picked 3 complimentary colours for the circles and stamped 3 of each colour.

Next I stamped 3 lines on the background for the circles to sit on.

I cut out the  circles and glued them onto the background - I experimented until I liked the layout.

After that I felt like the card needed something else, and eventually I decided to stamp another one of the images from the set onto the same yellow card, using grey instead of black. I cut it to size, edged it with black ink, glued it onto the card and added a stamped birthday greeting.

I matted the piece onto some brown card, added a little bit of gold gel pen doodling and glued everything onto my blank card.

Until next ttime!

Hugs from Angie x

Stamps used:

Pencil Marks #5

Mixed Media Borders



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!