Butterfly and Blooms by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha with you today and I'm sharing with you a pretty item to decorate your home or give as a gift.


I used a house shaped piece of MDF as a base but it could also have been square or circular.


I bagan by giving the MDF house a couple of coats of white gesso and then stamped the large flower stamp directly on to the gesso. I stamped the butterfly from the Inky Friends stamp set on to white card.


I coloured them both using watercolour paints.
When the house was coloured I added a crackle glaze, to give shine and detail. I also added some iridescent shimmer to the butterfly wings.


To finish I adhered the butterfly body to the house but used foam pads to adhere the wings so they were not flat, adding dimension to. I was going to add some text but couldn't decide which words, so decided not to in the end but it would look great with some words too!

Here are the stamps I used;



For lots more inspiration and to join in our monthly challenge you can find us on Facebook - Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge, right here.

 Thanks for looking, wishing you a lovely day,
Sam :) x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands