Scrap Diary by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends,

Angie here with a page in my art journal.

Recently I have seen someone keeping a scrap diary, meaning they collect bits and pieces from their desk, for example their underpaper or mop up pages, choosing the most interesting sections and cutting them into equal sized pieces, then gluing them onto a page for every month. Over time this provides a kind of record of the type of art you've been creating.

I picked the pieces below to start with, about 3 of each colour. I worked out how many pieces would fit on my double page and chose the 12 I liked the most.


I used the Carved Collection #1 and Pencil Marks #1 stamp sets to stamp on the squares, using black Archival Ink.



Next I roughly sorted the squares into rainbow colours (one of my go-to's when I can't decide which order to put things in, haha),


then glued them onto my journal pages.


Finally I roughly outlined all of the squares with a black fineliner.
I quite like this simple geometric design!

Until next time,
hugs from Angie x






Comments

Marianne C said…
This is a brilliant idea and so well executed…
Onto my “going to try next” list…with thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button