Watercolor Play Time by Priss

Hello lovelies, so nice to be here on the blog again. I'm Priss (@ARTful.Layers) and I wasn't here last month because of the virus, but I'm back with this page from my Watercolor Journal.

It's not the first time I've made this type of pages around here, but I really like playing with my watercolors making shapes and allowing them to mix with each other. It's so relaxing.

This time I have selected the colors from the June mood board (Oh my goodness!!! I love this combination). After I made the shapes and let them dry, I made also some marks with Posca Pens (black and white) just for fun.

This is so much fun to make your own marks, you have to try it. But I also made other marks with my favorite stamps from the Carved Collection 1 set with the similar colors I chose and also black.

I also like to make marks with Posca pens on top of the Rubber Dance stamps. Is that a white dot or stripes give them a lot of life. Don't you think?

For a moment I put aside my play time with watercolors and pens to dedicate myself to stamping some decorative elements. I used the stamps from the Grungy Stuff and a little bird from Textured Birds.

I choose my distress oxides for that.



At this point I thought my page was too intense, so I try to tone down that intensity by layering patterned white tissue paper with the Mix A Sentiment 1 set in a very delicate shade of lilac. 

Although first I tried it with a very soft shade of pink (Tattered Rose) as you can see in the picture. But seeing that it hardly stood out, I decided to do it in lilac.

After that, it was time to make de composition with all the elements and a lot of threads. 
As usual I made some splatters for the final touch. This time I used black liquid paint.

Now I leave you some photos with details of the project.  I hope you like it as much as I do when making them.





Have you checked out our facebook group (Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge) to see more wonderful inspiration? 

We have a fabulous Mood Board this month to help bring you ideas and you have the opportunity to win a 10€ voucher for the store.



These are the stamps I used:



Comments

Marianne C said…
Such an amazing composition, colours and marks! Love your process photos and end result is fabulous!
Priss BlaFu said…
Thank you so much, Marianne. I'm super happy that you like it and appreciate my process.

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button