Make your Art by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I would like to share with you this home decor, mixed media creation.


I think it's nice to have bright colours around the house, particularly when the sun may not be shining, colours can lift your mood and make you smile, my inspiration came from walking in local woods.


I began with the blank MDF and the stamps I wanted to use. The wonderful thing about Rubber Dance stamps is that all the different sets work so brilliantly together, so there's endless combinations.


After a couple of coats of white gesso I worked out where my focal point would be and added the bright colours, they did seem a little too bright so I added patched of a very thin layer of white gesso, just to knock it back.


Then came the fun part of creating the background.


I added texture and details with stamps, the text and stars. Coloured the stamped images with watercolour paints, adhered them in place and finished by adding some inky splats masking off the focal point for maximum effect for the beautiful butterfly.


I do hope you like my project and thank you for looking. 
To see more Rubber Dance inspiration and to take part in our monthly challenge you can find the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook, right here.

Here's the stamps I used:





Whimsical Summer (for the moon) 

Mix a Sentiment #1 (for the background)

Textured Feathers (for the stars)

 Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi