Monochrome Art Journal Page by Angie Coomber

 Hello arty friends, how are you all?

Today I have a monochrome page for you, I love how a little bit of colour on a black and white page really pops.

For this I used my black Dylusions journal and painted a rough white background, leaving some black around the edges which will help frame the page.

Next some mark making, using background stamps and assorted junk (bottle lids, old credit card, paint brush, Lego bricks...)

After that I added some black background stamping, working from the black area into the edges of the white, which softens the contrast a little.

I created a frame in the centre of the page using some paper strips and added a little bit of background stamping.


Now for the fun bit: chose a bright colour that will provide a contrast to your black and white background. I particularly like pink for this, so I added pink marks, pink splatter and some doodling.



I stamped the girl and clouds from the "What a girl wants" set, coloured them in and glued them into the frame.


I really hope you like it!

Until next time,
hugs from Angie x

Stamps used: 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands