Mini Art Journal - Creating a double page with Farida

Hello Rubber Dance Friends,

it's me Farida :)

Remember my post from end of March where I showed you how I created the cover of my new Rubber Dance Mini Art Journal? I have created my very first page and made some photos to take you along my process.


I started with stamping the grungy butterflies from the Grungy Butterfly #3 and Grungy  Butterfly #1 with an alcohol friendly ink pad, so I could colour them in with my alcohol markers. 
 
 
Before I started colouring I had a look at a colour wheel and choose a triadic colour combo with purple, green and orange.  I decided to keep orange and green for my background and purple for the butterflies.

For the background I went with my favourite and easiest method...just smudge some distress oxides inks in green and orange on my craft mat and dipped and smudged the journal page on it. Afterwards I added some green splashes over it. 

 
As you see I added some more interest to the background.  I stamped some leaves from the Inky Flowers Stamp Set and coloured them in with the distress oxide ink. 
This is how it looked after I thought I have finished the background. 
But as I went on glueing down the fuzzy cut butterfly images, I felt like the edge needed to be darken up a bit to bring the middle of the pages into focus. 

So I added some black colour on the edge and added some black splashes so everything comes together. I think every art journal page needs a sentiment, so I picked the one from the Grungy Butterfly #2 set and finished my project. 

 
Sending greetings to you. Stay healthy. Farida



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Join our Combined Blog Hop!