Beneath the Moon by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha with you today and I'm sharing a page I created for my art journal. 
Autumn is my favourite time of year and I wanted to to make an autumnal page but not necessarily using autumn colours, I wanted bright colours to be a celebration.


September sees and hears the return of robins to my garden, they greet me each morning singing their beautiful song, the moon always seems to look better at this time of year and I love to go mushroom hunting and there are still some lovely flowers to be found. 
I remove my pages from my journal before decorating and will then rebound later when they are all complete, so the writing will be added later, so at the moment I have a lot of art journal pages with no journaling, lol.

I began by adding lovely bright colours for my background. I always panic when I do this as they are very bright and I wonder how it comes together!

Then using a stencil and white gesso everything becomes a little calmer.

Don't worry if your page bends when wet and then heat drying, they can be flattened out afterwards.

The fun part - stamping!! I stamped and coloured of these lovely stamps, I used five sets together for this page, but I've also made pages using just one set, that's how good Rubber Dance stamps are!

More fun - deciding the layout. 

Before gluing down I added just a little detail to the background using the Weed Love stamp set.

I do hope you like my journal page, thanks so much for looking. Here are the stamps I used:






 Wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi