Things With Wings Card by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,
it's Dot here today with a fun tutorial for you using some of my favourite Rubber Dance stamps,
 paint and stencils.

My inspiration has come from our March Mood Board over on facebook where
I've used the colours and flowers.



This really was a relaxing card to make.
Here we go with a step x step on how to make it
with a few tips along the way.



The background has been made with layers of paint, with some paint being 
removed through stencils using a baby wipe. 
It helps to ring out any excess moisture from the baby wipe so that
the paint doesn't 'pool' under the stencil leaving wet blobs of paint.





I tend to work on a larger piece of card than needed for
my backgrounds. It's then easy to cut the card down to the size that you want.
After cutting the card down to size I had some left over pieces of painted card.
I used this scrap piece to stamp some flowers from Textured Flowers onto and
then cut them out.


The gorgeous dragonfly from Things With Wings was stamped onto 
a scrap piece of gelli print and then cut out.
There was lots of white space on this scrap and I thought the colours would work well
with my background.


These leaves are part of the Things With Wings set and it's a stamp
that I haven't used before.
It has been stamped onto photo copy paper and cut out.
Sometimes by using photo copy paper it helps reduce the bulkiness out of the finished card.


Now that I had my extra bits organised it was time to go back to my background.
I decided to make the circles pop a little by colouring them with pencils that
matched the background colours. 
This is a great way to make circles stand out more.


It's always fun to add more layers if you can.
Round in Circles fitted the circle theme so I've used this stamp to 
add more circles using embossing powders.


It's time to start putting everything together.
The leaves seemed too white so I have coloured them with green pencils to 
match the dragonflies.



How gorgeous is this dragonfly?



And another close up for you.
You might have noticed that more green has been added to the dragonflies
using pencils?


The stamp sets used were:


The stamp sets from Rubber Dance always have heaps of
extra stamps in them and they come in handy when you least expect it.

Did you know that Rubber Dance stamps are also available in Australia?
I have a HUGE range available through my on-line shop at Ink Art Designs.

I hope you enjoyed my card and if you are a facebook person, please pop over to the 
Rubber Dance group and check out our monthly challenge.
There are fantastic prizes every month.

Take care
Dot x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Atc´s Textured Birds by Verónica

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

February Theme Challenge - Layers