Denim Art Journal Cover with Josi Tomàs
Hello everyone!! I'm Josi Tomàs and I'm happy to
use Rubber Dance stamps with you. Today I will show you how to make the covers for
an Art Journal. I leave you the video and the step by step below. The order of
the video is different, but in this case it doesn't alter the final work... I used Antique Botanicals stamp set.
1. Tear the paper to remove the margins, cover
the entire cardboard with the sheets, glue them, and then glue the denim fabric
2. Give it an aged effect by staining the fabric with white plaster and pink paint.
3. Dry very well and machine sew the edges.
4. Stamp the word "fleurs" on the fabric and once on a piece of paper to put it inside the hole (if your fabric has a hole!!).
5. Prepare the decoration: two pieces of fabric and two types of lace. Join everything and sew in the centre so that it does not separate. Fray one of the fabrics and save the threads to put under the decoration.
6. Paint only the flowers with pink acrylic paint and cut them out.
7. Re-stamp the word "fleurs" on crumpled white paper, staple on top of the flowers, and glue everything over the accent fabrics.
8. Drill two holes in the covers and fit an eyelet and rings. Finally decorate it with pieces of ribbon of the same fabrics that have been used to make bows.