Egg Card with This Is Me by Gail

Hello Rubber Dance friends.  Gail here today.  I'm feeling the Easter vibes so I made an egg shaped card with paint and vellum and Rubber Dance stamps, of course!!

 

I've used Rubber Dance This is Me, Vintage Script and Choose To Be Happy sentiment stamps.

I started by brayering red, yellow and ochre acrylic paint onto card.  Then I added some red and black smears using an old credit card.  When the paint was dry I cut an egg shape using a die.  All my stamping is black archival on yellow vellum.  I stamped the Vintage Script on some pieces of yellow vellum I cut with a grass die, to give a nice jagged edge.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of the yellow vellum and ripped the edges.  I used pritstick to glue the vellum to the 'egg'. 

I stamped the girl from This is Me on pink pearlescent card and again on more of the yellow vellum.  I fussy cut both, then also fussy cut the face from the hair on the yellow vellum version.  I glued the vellum hair on the pink girl, and doesn't that look fab!!!!  I actually thought that would be the one I was going to use, but she covered up too much of the background.  I tried the vellum face and decided it looked great.....

I glued the vellum face in place and edged the egg with orange Promarker.  Then I used a yellow Promarker to colour some lace and stuck that around the edge.  I found an MDF winged key, a daisy and a spikey flower and added them to the card.

I used the die to cut a card base, setting the fold of my card about 1cm below the top edge of the die.  I glued my card panel to the base and cut a bit off the bottom backside to stop my egg from rolling all over the place.

 
This was a really fun card to make and I am really pleased with how pretty it looks.  
 
I hope you are having a happy creative day.  We love to see what you are making using Rubber Dance stamps so please share your projects in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge.  See you there!!!

Don't forget to check out the Rubber Dance webshop.  There is a selection of stamps on special offer so hop over and check out the sale.


Rubber Dance links:











I made the background by brayering yellow, orange and ocher paint onto a piece of card.  Then I added red and black using a old credit card to make some swipes and lines.  I picked a piece that had a nice yellow section and die cut with an oval die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Bleu, Blanc, Rouge

Love This Life