Thinking Of You by Dot Leathbridge

 Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Today I've got a card tutorial for you using
Da Vinci Woman #1, Weed Love, Doodle Borders #2, Round In Circles
 and Beautiful Words.


The Da Vinci group of stamps have long been a favourite of mine.
There is just something so relaxing about them. Maybe it's because they are classics.


Here we go!


I've been following Susanne's YouTube ideas and had a go at
one of these ideas by using stamps on a gel plate.
Then I added some white patches to the edges to cover
 some parts that I wasn't liking so much.



Using pink paint, I then stamped some Weed Love around the edges.
This started looking quite feminine which helped me choose my stamps.



Da Vinci Woman #1
I wanted a soft image, nothing too heavy, so that it would fit in with the background.
An older black ink pad came in handy, knowing that it would come out more of a grey colour instead.

So far so good.



I made a rough mask of the woman, placed it over the stamped image
and then stamped some circles using one of the stamps from Round In Circles.
This helped to bring her forward a little from the background.


Another little trick to bring her forward even more was to
subtly add some extra soft pinks on her face and body using pencils.
Watercolours would've worked too however I wanted
it to be more realistic and subtle and soft.



Some random patches of stenciling has been added to
the background with pink ink.


Seeing as all the 'black' stamping was in one corner
some Weed Love black stamping was added to the top corner.
This gives the card more balance.


A few finishing touches were added.
 Dark ink around the edges.
Words on it from the Beautiful Words set, in pink ink of course.
Finally mat at layering the background.

A one layer card, super feminine (for me anyway lol)
with some awesome stamps.

The stamps used on the card are:








My inspiration has definitely come from our January 
Mood Board.



Thanks so much for following my tutorial.
I hope you enjoyed it and will give it a go.

Dot x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance June Challenge