Carved Fox and Owl Cards

Hello Rubber Dance friends.  Gail here today.

My desk is a mess!  October was a busy month for me and it ran into the Christmas making period.  I joined a couple of virtual scraps, one before Christmas and one between xmas and New Year, and the pile of scraps is extensive.  So I decided to throw some of those together and create something pretty.

I've used stamps from Carved Whimsy Wood and Carved Fox and Owl for these two cards.  Have you seen the new January release??  I am so happy Susanne is adding to the 'Carved' range.  Very exciting to see more stamps in this style.

 Here are the scraps I started with.  The small panel was made with spray inks and Charcoal Aztec paint splats.  The large sheet is one I used to mop up the excess spray inks.  I started by stamping the tree on the large sheet and also on a kraft circle that was hanging around.

I cut the large sheet with a stitch rectangle die and then stamped the fox and owl on a leftover piece.  I added some orange and white gel pen colour and fussy cut them.

I layered the kraft stamped circle over the tree, stamped some of the flower cluster from the Carved Whimsy Wood set and added the fox.  I mounted on a black card base, letting the fox overlap the card base for that photo bomb look.

I used the little pine branch in the  Carved Whimsy Wood set to stamp a border down each side of the smaller panel.  I realised I could save my fussy cut owl and instead stamped the owl straight onto the painted panel.  I again used the orange and white gel pens to jazz him up a bit and mounted on another black card base.

Pleased with these scrappy makes.  Off to see what other gems I can generate.


Don't forget to check out the Rubber Dance webshop.  There is a selection of stamps on special offer so hop over and check out the sale.   The new January release is also on offer and available for pre-order now!



 Rubber Dance links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands