Winter Wilderness by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and firstly I want to wish you a peaceful, safe and creative 2021.
We've had some chilly weather here in England which inspired this home decoration creation.
I'd love to live in a place like this, quiet and cozy.


I began with a 6 inch diameter round piece of mountboard, and I always lay the stamps on to the substrate to get an idea of lay out and fit. Sometimes this alone can spark new ideas.

I really wanted lots of texture so for the areas where the house was going to be and where I was going to stamp directly on the mountboard I didn't add any texture paste. After adding texture paste to the other areas I applied a layer of white gesso.

Then using my fingers and lots of different paints I started adding colour.


When the background was finished I stamped Weed Love in white gesso and snowflakes from Whimsical Winter directly.

On white card I stamped the house from Whimsical Winter and flowers and leaves from Inky Flowers, I used watered down acrylic paint to colour them, I then cut them out......

....... and adhered them in place.

To finish I added a colour coordinated string for hanging, some white splats to add more winter-ness and added glossy accents to the windows so they shine, and finally some glitter on the snow that's resting on the house.

I really hope you like it and I've inspired you.

Thanks so much for looking, Sam x

Here are the stamps I used:

Whimsical Winter

Weed Love


 

Comments

ingunnsinekort said…
The background is a gorgeous abstrakt painting init self! and the sceen is so beautiful an has this calmness to it:)
Hetty said…
Such an awesome background and it looks like there is real snow.
Wonderful project, Samantha.

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Atc´s Textured Birds by Verónica

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!