A Loveliness of Ladybirds by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I have a short tutorial showing how I altered a cheap wooden tag in to something pretty.
Did you know a group of ladybirds is called a Loveliness - how perfect!


It was my first time using the Things with Wings stamp set for these ladybirds, I chose to colour them in the traditional red colour but I think they would great in any colour, maybe seven, all the colours of the rainbow....


This is how the wooden tag and ladybirds began.


I painted a couple of coats of gesso before adding three colours followed by the gold.


I then knocked back the brightness of the colours by using walnut ink and stamping a leafy background for more details.


I coloured the leaves and ladybirds with watercolour and white embossed the sentiment on black card and adhered them all in place.


To finish I added some brighter coloured red ink to the ladybirds and some glossy accents and finally some spotty ribbon.

Here are the stamp sets I used:




 For lots more inspiration please join the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge on Facebook, here.

Thanks so much for looking, wishing you a lovely day, Sam :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop