A Love Story by Dot Leathbridge

 Hello everyone,

It is the month of LOVE.
So today I'm sharing an unlikely love story with you
using Crazy Monsters and Inky Flowers.


Love is in the air and there is beauty everywhere.
Even among monsters!
After all ... doesn't everyone deserve to be loved?


I made a mask by folding a piece of copy paper in half and drawing half
a heart along the folded edge and then cutting it out.
When you open it you have the whole heart.
This was placed on my gel plate and then some paint was rolled out.
You'll need to carefully remove the mask before pulling a print.


The pulled print was grungy which is what I wanted.
I replaced the mask and added some DI around the edge
so that the heart popped a little more.


With the mask still in place I stamped the love word
from Just A Note and added a heart into the white space.


The monsters need all the love they can get,
so I've added extra hearts from Just A Note
and white embossed them.



And here are the two lovers.
The slug I decided to make a girl and coloured her in pink.
And the 'over-eager' fish monster was coloured in brown.
I used the colours from our Mood Board this month.

They make a lovely couple don't you think?

Here are a couple of close up pics for you.

Both lovers have been coloured with water colour paint.


I think she is considering her suitor very carefully.

The Inky Flowers stamp set provided the flowers
for this unlikely love match.

The stamps that I've used are:




I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day
with lots of love (and maybe some flowers too).

Thanks for looking.
Dot x









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands

Rubber Dance Blog Hop