"in our HEARTS"

 Hello Rubber Dance friends!! Josi Tomàs greets you once again or to show you a new tutorial on this more special occasion than ever.

Today I bring the step by step of a new Art Journal page that talks about a part of my family and is dedicated to the memory of my father-in-law, "the grandfather" of the family and who liked very much to receive my postcards on special occasions....


First I have put a bit of modeling paste with the spatula and then I have stamped a texture stamp . Once dry, I have made white embossing by superimposing 10 hearts (one for each of us) in which there are other smaller hearts inside each one


I have coloured the composition using pigments and gelattos in three shades

 

 This is the result of the first two steps...

I have made several stamps using the Journal Words stamp applied with light grey permanent ink. Then I put texture paste with a stencil.


The composition that decorates the page is really simple and is divided into these steps:

1.  Embossing in gold on vellum with the branch of Pencil Marks #3 and on the imprint of Mixed Media Marks

2.  Stamps on white paper using Vintage Postcard and the tickets from Mixed Media Marks and Mixed Media Marks #3

I have "stained" them with the pigments used to create the background, I have wrinkled them and I have put crackle paste on them to give it an age effect.

3. I have stamped on pink cardboard a circle with text inside, a small clock on vellum to which I have put white paper behind to highlight and the word "heart" on white cardboard as well.

In the images you can see how I assembled all the decoration on a piece of medical gauze...



 

 The clock stopped leaving a mark on our hearts forever.

We will remember forever places and moments in which you will not be able to be, words that we couldn't tell you in time.

An open wound that can only be closed by staying together and looking "up" 

Dedicated to you "grandfather". Thank you for looking with so much admiration and affection at each postcard I made thinking of you.

You will always be in our hearts.


I hope you liked the tutorial and this little thought from the bottom of my heart that I have shared you. Hugs

Here you have all the stamps used... 

#Mixed Media Marks 3 #Mixed Media Marks #Textured birds #Journal Words 

#Pencil Marks 3 #Vintage Postcard #Vintage Script.



 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi