Pigment swatches caddy by Priss

Hello Rubber Dance lovers!!!

Priss here today. I was looking for a space to store my color swatches. There are already many and they no longer fit where I had them, so I made this caddy to store them.

The funniest thing is that I start from a little box where my cat's food cans come. To open the box I have to remove a strip of cardboard, which allows the box to be folded to form this small two-zone basket.

I love to recycle these boxes into little baskets to store my art supplies. I then prepare them with gesso and make a collage with my painted papers, that I previously stamped here and there with my favorites stamps of the sets Mixed Media Marks #3 and Grungy Stuff

Sometimes, once the box is covered with the paper, I apply small dabs of acrylic paint with my fingers, to make some areas stand out more. And I also like to apply additional texture with stencils and white modeling paste.

I usually paint inside the box with acrylic paint in a color that matches the rest, and then I make some marks with the stamps.

To make it easier to carry my caddies, I punch two holes with my crop-a-dile and tie a piece of matching silk ribbon to it. To make sure the ribbon stays in place, I put a bead on each end.

This time I decorated my box with stamps from the Inky Friends set (they are so gorgeus). First I  glue some pieces of book sheets, washi tape, and a beautiful stamps from the set Sketchy Leaves stamped on vellum.

Then I painted a bike chipboard with the same acrylic colors and covered it with a layer of clear embossing powder. To made this little buquet for the bike basket I used the tiny spiral and the tiny leaves of the set Journal Notes.

I hope you like it and inspires you to create your own version. And please share your creations with us in our Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge Facebook group.

This are the stamps I used.

Mixed Media Marks #3

Inky Friends


Journal Notes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi