Something Fishy by Samantha Read

Hello, Samantha here today and I'd like to share with you my tutorial showing how I made this ocean inspired home decor project.




I began with an MDF fish shape, to begin with I was going to have my fish pointing upwards. I used just two stamp sets, the new AHOY set and a firm favourite of mine, Celestial.


I gave the fish a couple of coats of white gesso and stamped my chosen images on white card.


Then the fish changed direction as I was laying out the images.


Using acrylic paints I painted the fish, I used the hanging hole as placement for his eye and simply cut out a circle of white card and adhered in place. Using a Crop-A-Dile I added two new hanging holes.
I wanted to keep the stamped images white but added a little shading to the moon and clouds and a pop of red on the boat as red, white and blue are nautical colours.


To finish I added some twine for hanging and some holographic flake paste to sea to make it glisten in the moon light.

I do hope you like it, thank you for looking and have a lovely day, Sam.

Here are the stamp sets I used:


For lots more inspiration and to share your makes please join us in the Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge group on Facebook. Here



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands